YEAR 6 END OF YEAR DAY OUT – A FIERY FEAST
Come and celebrate reaching the end of primary school with a truly unique experience: our Camp Fire Cooking class.
In the morning children will learn to create their own dough from flour, water and yeast, following on in the afternoon by stretching it out for a classic pizza shape, making a simple tomato sauce and selecting their toppings. Once the pizzas are ready they will be baked in our outdoor wood-fired oven for that traditional Neapolitan taste.
We will prepare a flavour packed marinade to make chicken and vegetable kebabs, which we will cook over hot embers in the fire pit in the middle of our raised planting beds.
Whilst in the garden, we will discover and pick the freshest herbs and salad leaves to complement our feast, before seeking the ripest seasonal fruits to make our delectable dessert.
Join us for a fiery feast day to send school leavers off in style.
ON THE DAY
- Learn to make a pizza from the basics – dough, sauce and topping.
- Marinade and prepare Chicken and Vegetable Kebabs.
- Learn how to cook with fire.
- Look for fresh herbs, fruits and salads in our Kitchen Garden.
- Make a scrumptiously tasty, and healthy fruity dessert.